Performance Software and Integrated Instruments
The information age is hitting sailing full force. Today's top racers use on-board computers to optimize racing strategy and boat performance on the fly (while also compiling data for later analysis). The Performance Software and Integrated Instruments webinar will show how integrated performance software can improve your racing and will teach you how to use the software. As a software training program, this course is perfectly suited to on-line webinar delivery.
Using Expedition Software, racing guru Peter Isler will lead the program. After a walk-through of the set up and features of the software, the course will use a combination of demonstrations followed by hands-on simulation exercises and case studies. (For full race simulation you'll need to provide your own salt spray.)
You will learn both inshore and offshore racing functions including:
• Customize/personalize settings
• Understand and operate navigation window
• Insert and use different nautical charts
• Creating a course and navigate
• Set up instrument output channels
• Improve utility of your sailing instrument data
• Understand and use Strip Chart for data analysis and instrument tuning
• Understand and use logging features
• Understand and use logplayer and simulator applications
• Insert, use and modify polars
• Understand and use starting line application
• Obtain wind/tide gribs and read them in Expedition
• Understand and use sail chart/ sail selection tool
• Perform Weather routing tasks
• Create an Optimized Route
Preparation: Download and install expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop.
Download sample files.
Go through pre-course exercises.
(Allow approximately 4 hours for this process.)
Class Time: You should have Expedition up and running along with your web browser, headset and microphone (or built in sound).
Home Work: Between the two sessions there will be approximately 4 hours of homework.